Tokyo Community School
- 【Places available】
- <Starting April 2023; Grade1 ： 9 places
- 【Admission Criteria】
- There are no major conflicts between the values of the School and the values of the child’s guardians, and the latter party agree to the points outlined in the Green Sheet.
- The child is positive about learning at TCS.
- The child is able to communicate with other children and staff at TCS.
- 【Entrance examination schedule】
- Please complete the application process by 4:00pm sharp on the 18th October, 2022 for both days below.
- <For April 2023 commencement>
Entrance examination 1 ： Tuesday, 25th October
Entrance examination 2 ： Thursday, 27th October
＊Please contact to the school for details.
- 【Application process】
- 1) Submit equired documents ：Application form
- 2) Make a payment of the Entrance examination fee：11,000yen (including tax)
- ＊Please complete the process by the above mentioned.
※All fees, except the NPO membership fee and donations, incur 10% tax from October 2019.
※Fees may change without notice.
※Donations to TCS, Certified Non-Profit Organizations (Japanese: 認定NPO法人), are eligible for exemptions when processing annual income tax. We provide receipts for this purpose. Please refer to your local Tax Office for further details.
※Fees are not refundable.
- 【Registration fee】
- 200,000yen (payable at the time of enrollment)
- 【Buildings and Grounds】
- 100,000yen (payable at the time of enrollment)
- 【School fees】
- 390,000 yen per semester (780,000 yen per annum) (payable before the commencement of the semester)
※There is a discount for siblings: 331,500 yen per semester (663,000 yen per annum)
※Fees are payable twice in the year, and are requested before the applicable semester.
- 【Teaching materials】
- Grade 1 to 4 : 39,000 yen per semester (78,000 yen per annum)
Grade 5 and 6 : 54,000 yen per semester (108,000 yen per annum)
※Fees include the fees related to IT equipment, science experiments and Storypark.
- 【Other Expenses】
- Individual fees for educational material>
Textbooks and workbooks used during self-study will differ for each child depending on his or her pace and are therefore purchased individually. For subjects like Art and English, there may be incidental charges for materials used during class.
- <School trips, excursions, incursions>
Travel expenses and entrance fees to facilities during school trips and exclusions will be charged to parents. Expense incurred for staff members’ including travel and overnight will be divided among the participants and charged accordingly. Travel and accommodation cost for staff will be divided amongst the families of each participating child (per head), even in cases of absence.
Regular Member Registration fee 20,000 yen, membership fee 10,000 yen per annum
※At least one guardian of per enrolled child is asked to register as an NPO member (regular member).
200,000 yen per donation per annum※We ask for at least one donation per annum. Families are asked to put forward one donation per child up to the second child registered. Donations from there on in are appreciated.
Please contact the administrative office for inquiries.